Thursday, March 13, 2014

Black Hopi Squash Seed Available

I have Black Hopi Squash seed available. My original source was ProvidenceAcres farm. Last year, I was able to create two very nice specimens using the tie-off/hand pollinate/re-tie method. I have already butchered one, and will do the next one soon.

The one that I already processed was rather bland and wet, nothing at all like the sweet, dry, fine grained flesh that many growers had described. However, last spring was extremely wet around here. We had nearly 15 inches of rain in 12 days, and the growth of all of my winter squash plants were severely retarded. Even my Waltham Butternuts seem wet and bland.

There seems to be a lot of interest in this variety, so if anyone one wants seed, let me know and I will provide some free of charge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home